The sixth annual Deep South Founders Conference gathered under the banner of “God’s Covenant,” January 17-19, 2013 on the Reformed Theological Seminary Jackson, Mississippi campus. Our special guest, Dr. Sam Waldron brought three messages regarding covenant theology. Three other speakers, Dale Crawford, Chas Rowland, and Dewey Wise, filled the pulpit as we explored the biblical truth expressed in chapter seven of the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith. Attenders enjoyed a weekend of sound biblical preaching, rich theological discussion, and encouraging ministerial fellowship, which have become hallmarks of this conference.
Dr. Sam Waldron is the academic dean of the Midwest Center for Theological Studies and professor of Systematic Theology. He is also one of the pastors of Heritage Baptist Church in Owensboro, KY. Dr. Waldron received a B.A. from Cornerstone University, an M.Div. from Trinity Ministerial Academy, a Th.M. from Grand Rapids Theological Seminary, and a Ph.D. from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. From 1977 to 2001 he was a pastor of the Reformed Baptist Church of Grand Rapids, MI. Dr. Waldron is the author of numerous books including A Modern Exposition of the 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith, The End Times Made Simple, Baptist Roots in America, To Be Continued?, and MacArthur’s Millennial Manifesto: A Friendly Response. Dr. Waldron is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society.
- Dr. Sam Waldron: Whatever happened to the Covenant of Works? [Download]
- Dr. Sam Waldron: Should you believe in the Covenant of Grace? [Download]
- Dr. Sam Waldron: Are the Old and New Covenants really one and the same? [Download]
- Dr. Chas Rowland: The Requirement of Faith [Download]
- Pastor Dale CrawfordThe Eternal Covenant Transaction Between The Father and The Son [Download]
- Dewey Wise: The Holy Spirit’s Influence On The Creature’s Will [Download]
On Thursday evening, January 17, 2013 (6:30 pm) Dr. Samuel E. Waldron and Dr. Elliott E. Johnson debated the topic of Covenant Theology vs Dispensationalism in the chapel of the Reformed Theological seminary, Jackson MS. Dr. Johnson serves as Senior Professor of Bible Exposition at Dallas Theological Seminary.
- Covenant Theology vs Dispensationalism [Download]